The Greater Gardenside Association is planning an exciting year of events, celebrations, and community gatherings and working on ways to better support, recommend, and advocate for our local businesses. Here’s a first draft of our plans for 2022. If you’d like to be involved with the Greater Gardenside Association or have ideas you would like to share, reach out to us at GreaterGardenside@gmail.com.
GGA’s On The Table — GGA Businesses
- April 19, 2022: ‘On-the-Table’ GGA business-focused community dialogue event at Duplicator Sales
Tacos On Two Wheels
- April 30, 2022: ‘Tacos on Two Wheels’ bicycle tours highlighting our area and its businesses. Starts at 5:30pm. Register here.
- August 6, 2022: ‘Tacos on Two Wheels’ bicycle tours highlighting our area and its businesses. Starts at 5:30pm. Register here.
Join the Greater Gardenside Association for a fun, family bicycle ride through some of the Greater Gardenside neighborhoods followed by 3 tacos from some of our local taco trucks. Registration and payment required. Electronic registration and $11 payment here:
www.greatergardenside.org/tacosontwowheels/. Meet at the Gardenside Shopping Center, 1801 Alexandria Drive, for the 5:30pm bicycle tour.
GGA Family Movie Night — The Croods 2
- April 30, 2022: GGA Family Movie Night — The Croods 2 (free) at Cross Keys Park. The world’s favorite prehistoric family (after the Flintstones, at least) is back in the informally titled The Croods 2 (or officially title The Croods: A New Age). The Croods and Guy meet another family who call themselves the Bettermans. But who is the better man? Gates at 7:30pm. Bring a picnic dinner and play in the park before the movie showtime of 8:30pm. Admission is free. Parking will be able at 1729 Alexandria Drive, the parking lot in front of and beside the Gardenside Post Office.
GGA Community Music Fest
Saturday May 21, 12-6pm (Rain Date Sunday May 22). Garden Springs Park. Parking at Gethsemane Lutheran Church, 2185 Garden Springs Drive. Partnership with Lexington Music Education, Music Live Foundation, LFUCG Parks Division, and Gethsemane Lutheran Church. Bring your own chairs or blanket. Spend the afternoon in the park with your family! Kids activities too! Food by Churreria la Coneja and Bella Shave Ice.Expect lots of great community music, meet your neighbors, hangout, and celebrate springtime in Lexington, KY!
GGA’s Lexington Farmers Market in Gardenside Plaza
Kickoff events with lots of kids activities on Wednesday June 1, 4-7pm (Kickoff Rain Date June 8). Farmers market every Wednesday all summer.
Back to School Fun! at the Farmers Market
- Nature Hop partnership with LFUCG (various parks)
- VivaMexico! is a Celebration of Mexico’s Independence hosted by Casa de la Cultura, taking place on Friday September 16 from 5-11pm in Gardenside Plaza.
– Tree Week in local parks – partner with LFUCG
– GGA Boo Route: curated driving tour of the best Halloween decorations in GGA
– Greater Gardenside Gratitude Project in parks
– Holiday Driving Tour: curated driving tour of the best holiday decorations in GGA
- We promote local businesses and organizations with an online directory (https://greatergardenside.wordpress.com/businesses/) and try to recommend and advocate for them throughout the year
- Year-round support for James Lane Allen Elementary School students and events
- Quarterly board and planning meetings with local officials, businesses, non-profits, and neighborhood leaders
- Quarterly e-newsletter to constituents