The mission of the GGA is to identify, enhance, and promote diverse features of the area and its people that make it an attractive place to live, work, shop, and play.
GREATER GARDENSIDE GOALS
BUSINESS – Support, promote, and attract businesses that can thrive by enhancing Greater Gardenside and serving Lexington as a whole.
SAFETY – Prevent crime through engagement; improve infrastructure such as crosswalks, sidewalks, and intersections; maintain adequate housing conditions.
COMMUNITY AND LIVABILITY – Encourage neighborhood activity and interaction among residents through events such as the Farmers Market, community celebrations, and gatherings in each of the six parks in Greater Gardenside.
The boundary of the GGA is defined by the area bordered by New Circle Road between Versailles Road and Harrodsburg Road, and along Versailles Road and Harrodsburg Road to their intersections with Mason Headley Road, plus residents of any street that can be accessed from Mason Headley Road.
WHO WE ARE
Board of Directors
President: David Jones
Secretary: Susan Spalding
Communications: Rebekah Frazier
At-Large Board Members
Helen Van Koevering
WHAT WE’VE ACCOMPLISHED
- Mounted a campaign to close Camelot, a “gentleman’s club” with questionable activities and associated crime
- Organized ‘Gardenside at Sunset,’ a nighttime community festival, with music, food trucks, 45+ vendors, and kids’ activities. In 2019, over 1,000 friends joined us for a fun evening.
- Produced a business directory (see right) for the Alexandria-Lane Allen corridor
- Curated an online business directory of area businesses: https://greatergardenside.org/businesses/
- Collaborated with local businesses to promote the GGA area
- Hosted ‘On the Table’ community discussions
- Hosted the Lexington Farmers Market in Gardenside each summer since 2018
- Partnered with area organizations to support our local schools
- Hosted outdoor movies in Cross Keys Park
- Created ‘Tacos on Two Wheels,’ a bicycle/taco tour of GGA
Watch for more! www.facebook.com/G2-GreaterGardenside